-> RE: GSBN:TLS World Tour of Straw Bale
     by Martin Oehlmann martin.oehlmann@...

Date: 20 Oct 2003 15:52:19 -0500
From: Martin Oehlmann martin.oehlmann@...
Subject: RE: GSBN:TLS World Tour of Straw Bale

Hi,

I just arrived from Brittany (greetigs from Pascal) and need to keep up our
work with www.quantumwoningen.nl a building system which uses local
lambswool for isolation, sort of another sweater. All materials used are
certified, so all builders, architects and developers can use them without
problems. Today someone from the Dutch Ministery agreed to talk during the
introduction of the system at 11 december 2003. So far we are totally
involved in preparing details. Sure I will send specifics as soon as
possible. We calculate that system for 85 m2 for a net production price of
approx. A 50.000 which is incredible cheap over here. We use "plug and play"
principles. Tomorrow the first offer for the first customer will be ready.

Rene I remember you had a nice philosophical article, maybe you could add
something about the project in Warns?

France: I received a copy of a preliminary project report incl. test results
from November 2002 of constructions of 2 houses in Montholier. Its set up is
professional done by Alain Grelat, chef du projet, pilote du programme
scientifique, CEBTP. You might contact Montholier.ce@...
best if someone connected with that project writes an article. Possibly a
GSBN aspirant? Check also www.ffbatiment.fr

Very best wishes, Martin