Date: 30 Oct 2003 13:21:03 -0500
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...
Subject: Building Size Search

Hello everyone,

We're looking for information on large straw-bale buildings used for
commercial or recreational purposes.  Here's why!  Brian Hodge in Australia
wrote to us recently as follows:  Do you have any idea as to what is the
largest building built so far in straw bale. The building we are planning
will have a main auditorium of around 64 meters square (aprox 1 acre) plus
other training rooms ammenities, offices etc. Some of the Commonwealth Games
events are being held in Bendigo at another facility and, we don't know what
our chances are, but wouldn't it be great for strawbale if we could get one
or two events in a straw bale building, as I am sure we could get media
coverage on that.

Let us hear from you and we'll pass the information along to Brian, and
expect to read more about large sb buildings as well as sb buildings used
for commercial and/or recreational purposes in future issue(s) of The Last
Straw.

Thanks so much!

Joyce

- --