RE: GSBN:Building Size Search

Hola Joyce
Architect Kent Hems has a Straw Bale church under construction in
Imperial county , CA (Bordered by Mexico to the south, and Arizona on
the east) that is larger than the Ridge Winery.
This from Kent on Thursday 10/30/03:
<snip>
The church building is just over 21,000 SF and consists of a
pre-engineered metal frame that is being infilled with straw.  We have
the door bucks up with the first bale in place around the perimeter
along with one 20 foot section of wall.  That was as far as the County
would lets go on the first Phase of our permit.  The remainder of the
permit is forthcoming, possibly tomorrow which means we will begin
stacking real soon.  Feel free to pay me a visit any time just give me a
couple of days warning since I have been super busy.

The fires have been sad to observe,  a real tragedy!  We pray that they
can be extinguished soon.

Keep in touch.
--
Kenton Hems, Architect