Date: 1 Nov 2003 12:20:22 -0500
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Building Size Search

on 10/31/03 6:21 AM, Rene Dalmeijer at rened@...:

> Joyce,
>
> The obvious building that comes to my mind is the 350 seat Rabo Bank
> auditorium of the 2002 Floriade.
>
> Its on my website www.rened.cistron.nl English>SB houses>Floriade. I dont
> have dimensions but it is a big building Tom Rijven tom.paille@...
> intensely involved in the project. He knows exactly what it means to make a
> SB building under show time circumstances.
>
> At 06:52 PM 10/30/03, you wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> We're looking for information on large straw-bale buildings used for
>> commercial or recreational purposes.  Here's why!  Brian Hodge in Australia
>> wrote to us recently as follows:  Do you have any idea as to what is the
>> largest building built so far in straw bale. The building we are planning
>> will have a main auditorium of around 64 meters square (aprox 1 acre) plus
>> other training rooms ammenities, offices etc. Some of the Commonwealth
Games

Date: 1 Nov 2003 12:20:34 -0500
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...

Thanks, Rene. Will get in touch with Tom.

Joyce

Date: 1 Nov 2003 12:28:07 -0500
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...

Thanks, Bob.

I think I visited with Kent a while back. Good to have my memory refreshed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in or near the fires in
California. We hope there will be an end to all this destruction and tragedy
soon. Can people send money or help in other ways for those in the strawbale
community who have suffered losses - and if we can, tell us where and how.

Take care,

Joyce

on 10/31/03 6:05 AM, Bob Bolles at Bob@...:

> Hola Joyce
> Architect Kent Hems has a Straw Bale church under construction in
> Imperial county , CA (Bordered by Mexico to the south, and Arizona on
> the east) that is larger than the Ridge Winery.
> This from Kent on Thursday 10/30/03:
> <snip>
> The church building is just over 21,000 SF and consists of a
> pre-engineered metal frame that is being infilled with straw.  We have
> the door bucks up with the first bale in place around the perimeter
> along with one 20 foot section of wall.  That was as far as the County
> would lets go on the first Phase of our permit.  The remainder of the
> permit is forthcoming, possibly tomorrow which means we will begin
> stacking real soon.  Feel free to pay me a visit any time just give me a
> couple of days warning since I have been super busy.
>
> The fires have been sad to observe,  a real tragedy!  We pray that they
> can be extinguished soon.
>
> Keep in touch.

Think I'll put that low on the priority list. Thanks, Bill!

Joyce

on 10/31/03 4:06 AM, billc_lists@...
billc_lists@...: