GSBN:Hey Californians!

This email just came to me at the TLS address from the California Department of Highways... any takers out there? If the bales are at all appropriate, they're probably cheap and arguably pretty sustainable.

To: TLSEditor@...
From: Joel_Allen@...
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:10:41 -0800
	autolearn=no version=2.60

HI, I work for the Calif. Dept. of Transportation and last summer we
performed a pilot program of swathing and baling the vegetation along the
shoulders and medians of a couple of our major routes in an effort to
reduce roadside fires.  One problem we had was the disposal of the bales as
they contained everything you would expect to find along a roadside, with
the majority of their contents being annual grasses and weeds.  We ended up
disposing of these bales in a number of ways, but one question that came up
was if these bales would be viable for straw bale home construction?

--

http://www.strawhomes.ca

The Last Straw Journal?
You should!