Date: 14 Nov 2003 01:34:16 -0500
From: huffnpuff huffnpuff@...
Subject: Re: SB  Straw Bale in Iraq

Hi John
            I am chasing after some statistics to re-inforce the
credibility of straw bale as a building technique.  The UN maybe
interested in some big projects in Iraq 650 to 950 houses in each
village, so we are talking about jumping up a scale.  I definitely will
not be able to handle all of this, so if it happens I will be handing
most of it off to people with experience and stay involved from a
permaculture village design aspect.
Unfortunately you always have some critics to get passed (some may have
investments in cement block company#025#s).

We have to write this in our own words but we can reference websites
but if you know or know where I might to be able to access statistics
of the numbers of SB houses have been built and where, where they are
approved, anything that gives the system credibility, or just point us
in a possible direction, it would be a great help.

Cheers Geoff and Nadia

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design
http://www.one-world-design.com