From: GSBN [mailto:GSBN@...]On Behalf Of Derek Roff
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:53 AM
To: GSBN; permacul@...
Subject: GSBN:Re: SB Straw Bale in Iraq

Most convincing to the UN might be their own SB projects in China and
Mongolia, many of which were Kelly Lerner was involved in.  I don't
know what documentation is available, but a web search reveals the
following info on Kelly:

Kelly Lerner , One World Design
Domestic and International Design and Consulting
925 Avis Drive, El Cerrito, CA 94530
510-528-3765 fax:510-528-8763
klerner@...
www.one-world-design.com

Derek

> Reply to Geoff at:  permacul@...
>
> Hi John
>             I am chasing after some statistics to re-inforce the
> credibility of straw bale as a building technique.  The UN maybe
> interested in some big projects in Iraq 650 to 950 houses in each
> village, so we are talking about jumping up a scale.  I definitely
> will not be able to handle all of this, so if it happens I will be
> handing most of it off to people with experience and stay involved
> from a permaculture village design aspect. Unfortunately you always
> have some critics to get passed (some may have investments in
> cement block companys).
>
> We have to write this in our own words but we can reference
> websites but if you know or know where I might to be able to access
> statistics of the numbers of SB houses have been built and where,
> where they are approved, anything that gives the system
> credibility, or just point us in a possible direction, it would be
> a great help.
>
> Cheers Geoff and Nadia

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek@...