-> Re: GSBN:TLS looking for straw bale "follow-up"
     by billc_lists@...

Date: 16 Dec 2003 00:38:57 -0600
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:TLS looking for straw bale "follow-up"

Since TLS is a partner in the Registry, and since one purpose of the
Registry is  for researching/disseminating info on the performance
etc of existing buildings, I see no reason why you shouldn't contact
some of the registered homes.

Shoot me the specs of a qualifying building (ie, "4+ years old, load
bearing, clay plaster, north america" yadda yadda) and I'll extract
the candidates who are open to such contact.

At 12:36 PM -0500 12/15/03, Chris Magwood wrote:
>Hello All!
>
>Our next issue of TLS is themed "Living With Straw." Joyce and I
>agreed that TLS spends most of its time looking at preconstruction
>and construction aspects of straw bale, but rarely do we ever follow
>up with home owners to find out about issues that have arisen since
>moving in. These issues include maintenance, decoration/finishing,
>working out the kinks in mechanical systems, composing lists of
>"should-haves" in regard to design and construction, and even
>dealing with curious onlookers and info-seekers.
>
>It would be great if any of you could put us in touch with the
>people you know who have been living in bale houses for a while, and
>who might be interested in sharing some of their experiences. I have
>written a series of questions which could be emailed or mailed to
>them, and will be compiling the answers into an article or series of
>articles for the issue.
>
>Please send contact names and info to me at TLSEditor@...

- --
Bill Christensen