-> TLS #46, We Build It This Way
     by Chris Magwood TLSEditor@...

Date: 9 Feb 2004 14:57:01 -0600
From: Chris Magwood TLSEditor@...
Subject: TLS #46, We Build It This Way

Hello All!

TLS #45, with the theme Living With Straw, is now in final
preparations for going to press. Thanks to all whose contributions
made #45 such an interesting issue!

The next issue of TLS is themed We Build It This Way, and it will
focus on key construction elements as designed and built by a variety
of experienced folks.

In particular, I would like to publish drawings and explanations of:

1) your favourite top plate/RBA construction
2) your favourite window and door buck construction
3) your favourite toe-up/bale curb construction
4) your favourite way of integrating post-and-beam structures

I'm hoping to be able to present multiple "takes" on each of these
four critical elements. I would like to use good detailed drawings
and/or photos of the constructions, and brief explanations of why you
like to do it this way, what works well in this particular design,
and what might be the drawbacks (honestly!). I would like readers to
be able to look at a variety of approaches in the same issue and read
about the plusses and minuses and then decide what might work best
for their scenario. The deadline for these is April 15th.

I would also like to re-open a version of the old Baley Pulpit, a
Room for Rant, so that all of you who spend all your time thinking
about buildings, sustainability and better ways of doing things can
let loose a verbal tirade that we can share with our readers. This
Room for Rant doesn't have to tie in to the issue theme in any way,
it just needs to be a personal take on the world in general, or any
small slice thereof! So many of you make me laugh and think
(sometimes simultaneously!) in your email correspondence, it seems a
pity not to share it with the straw bale world at large!

And, as always, we welcome your articles, project reports, Regional
Rumblings, letters and other tidbits of interest. I really do rely a
lot on your tips, advice, complaints and love letters to keep TLS
moving in a good direction, so don't be shy to let me have it!

Cheers,

Chris Magwood
- --

***************************

http://www.strawhomes.ca

The Last Straw Journal?
You should!
  http://www.thelaststraw.org

There may be important message content

- --============_-1135767914==_ma============

<<<<<< See above "Message Body" >>>>>>

- --============_-1135767914==_ma============

Hello All!

TLS #45, with the theme<i> Living With Straw</i>, is now in final
preparations for going to press. Thanks to all whose contributions
made #45 such an interesting issue!

The next issue of TLS is themed<i> We Build It This Way</i>, and
[...]

Straw Bale Construction</font>
color="#000000">http://www.strawhomes.ca</font>
Have you subscribed to </font>
Journal?</b></font>