-> Sv: Werner Schmidt
     by "Lars Keller" larskeller@...

Date: 7 Mar 2004 19:28:19 -0600
From: "Lars Keller" larskeller@...
Subject: Sv: Werner Schmidt

Hi Rene et al.

I would like to use your email to clearify my thoughts on forums and evenings.
I furthermore send this email to the organizer-group of the ISBBC 04, as well
as to the GSBN.
I do this as I would like as many SB-persons as possible to be in on creating
the best possible conference, and I think this issue is a crucial one.

My experience from conferences and gatherings is, that it invariably always is
hard to find time in the programme for people to interact themselves. I would
like to consciously facilitate those creative spaces where the things noone
thought of happens.
This is why I have put in tuesday and thursday evenings as free roaming
spaces.

Furthermore I expect the particpants to represent a very broad array of
strawbuilding enthusiasts, thus making it very difficult to please everyone
with one meal only. (And I do not want to decide which is the right one to
choose either). Furthermore I think there are so many imprtant and very
different agenda's to work on, that the optimal will be to get as many people
involved working on agendas as possible.
This is why the afternoons function as "pick your own" forum.

It is my intention to keep updating the programme on the webpage, so that the
forums kan keep evolving as we approach the conference. This way hopefully we
- the core organizers - will be able to function merely as facilitators,
getting the people focusing on the same agendas to collaborate. These people
can then use the ISBBC homepage to let everyone else know what they are
working on/preparing (we will act as "censors", making sure everything is
going to function in reality in regard to time, space, needed equipment etc).

The homepage is to be found on www.thelaststraw.org

Best regards
Lars Keller

~~~