GSBN:Fwd: Ecological Remodeling projects??

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
from my good friend and a very creative architect Kelly Lerner, who some
of you will know as the architect/technical advisor of the successful
strawbale project in China, among other accomplishments.  She is
beginning a book project on eco-renovation, and is looking for more home
projects to feature.  She and her co-author are well respected
professionals of integrity.

I hope you will find this of interest.....
best regards,
Catherine Wanek

klerner@...
Subject: Examples of Ecological Remodeling projects??

Hi Friends,

I'm taking a close look at ecological home remodeling as a sustainable
strategy, and I'm looking for some good examples of residential remodels
in a wide range of climates and contexts. The remodels can be small and
include minor changes (like adding a shading device or an outdoor room)
or full blown major remodels.

What I most want is examples that respond well to site and climate--for
example, adding glazing, mass, and shading for passive solar heating;
improving daylighting and/or natural ventilation; landscaping for natural
climate, control choosing materials and comfort systems that are
appropriate to the climate zone; adding indoor/outdoor living spaces;
using local, recycled, or otherwise sustainable materials; a rainwater
catchment retrofit; and so on.

If you have or know of a project anywhere in the US, Canada, or Europe
that sounds appropriate, please send me a brief description including
extent of remodeling, location, eco-groovy features, contact information,
and whether you have photos available (and in what format). Thanks!

Kelly

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design

</x-html>