[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GSBN:Fwd: Ecological Remodeling projects??
- To: Alfred von bachmayr vonbachmayr@..., Beverley Spears bspears@..., Brian Vann vannbuilders@..., Cadmon Whitty CadmonWhit@..., Carl Rosenberg carlr@..., Danny Buck fiodanbuck@..., Bill Druc delappengr@..., Derek Roff derek@..., Erica Enyart erica@..., Janice Vascott jvascott@..., Joe Matesi holhab@..., Molly Neiman charlie@..., Owen Geiger strawhouses@..., Paula Baker-Laporte bakerlaporte@..., Robert Alexander RFA@..., "Griffin, Robert" robertecos@..., Rose Morin rosem@..., Tara Thelmann-Way tara616tw@..., Ted Varney evarney650@..., Tony Perry strawperry@..., Catherine Wanek blackrange@...
- Subject: GSBN:Fwd: Ecological Remodeling projects??
- From: Catherine Wanek blackrange@...
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:14:27 -0700
- Reply-to: "GSBN" GSBN@...
- Sender: "GSBN" GSBN@...
<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
<font size=3>Dear Friends -- I am forwarding on the email request below
from my good friend and a very creative architect Kelly Lerner, who some
of you will know as the architect/technical advisor of the successful
strawbale project in China, among other accomplishments. She is
beginning a book project on eco-renovation, and is looking for more home
projects to feature. She and her co-author are well respected
professionals of integrity.
I hope you will find this of interest.....
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite>From: Kelly Lerner
Subject: Examples of Ecological Remodeling projects??
I'm taking a close look at ecological home remodeling as a sustainable
strategy, and I'm looking for some good examples of residential remodels
in a wide range of climates and contexts. The remodels can be small and
include minor changes (like adding a shading device or an outdoor room)
or full blown major remodels.
What I most want is examples that respond well to site and climate--for
example, adding glazing, mass, and shading for passive solar heating;
improving daylighting and/or natural ventilation; landscaping for natural
climate, control choosing materials and comfort systems that are
appropriate to the climate zone; adding indoor/outdoor living spaces;
using local, recycled, or otherwise sustainable materials; a rainwater
catchment retrofit; and so on.
If you have or know of a project anywhere in the US, Canada, or Europe
that sounds appropriate, please send me a brief description including
extent of remodeling, location, eco-groovy features, contact information,
and whether you have photos available (and in what format). Thanks!
Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design
<a href="http://www.one-world-design.com/" eudora="autourl">http://www.one-world-design.com</a>