GSBN:Acoustical Testing Info

Testing has been done and we're forwarding your inquiry to the European and
Global strawbale networks for reply.

Please cc TLS on your replies. Thanks,

Joyce

--
Joyce Coppinger
Managing Edtor/TLS

Check the Calendar on the TLS web site at www.thelaststraw.org for a list of
straw-bale and natural building workshops, training opportunities, events
and conferences. And, check ISBBC on our web site for details about the
International Straw Bale Conference in Denmark (June 2004).

The Best of the First Ten Years of The Last Straw Journal (Issues 1-40) will
be available after June 1 on CD-Rom (fully indexed and searchable).  $30 USD
including shipping/handling if you order before June 1; $35 plus shipping
and handling after June 1. To order, call 402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161, or
send email to thelaststraw@.... An order form will be
available on the web site soon.

on 5.1.2004 4:58 PM, Vormittag Trevor at sacredvisions2000@...:

hi...

have there been tests to rate a strawbale house ( with stucco) with regards
to it's soundproofing? I can get STC ratings for brick homes, but not straw.
I would appreciate knowing if it is on par with Brick homes.

The soundproofing is directly related to mass. What are the average weights
and dimensions  for bales with stucco. I can figure out a per sqr/ft weight
and compare .

Thanks
Trev