Re: RE: GSBN:Finding Outlets

Hi all,

Regarding finding outlets or anything else in bale or other walls, I used
to photograph each wall before it was finished, occasionally including a
ruler or large enough notes indicating critical measurements from the
floor or from a corner, etc. fastened temporarily next to any critical
objects. That way you have a record of where boxes, wires, pipes,
blocking, etc. are for future reference. I also used to put together a
binder with copies of those photos, installation and instruction manuals
from systems and appliances, and so forth, for the owners along with
as-built drawings showing any changes from the original plans. I would do
that for both interior and exterior and also locations of utility lines
and so forth. A little thought about what someone (it could be you) might
need sometime in the future and the small investment of money and effort
can save a lot of time and money down the road. Short of the photos, you
could also just do quick sketches of the walls with heights and
horizontal locations of outlets before you plaster.  After the fact it's
definitely harder...

On the other hand, I also used to leave the rough-in wiring protruding
and tape up the boxes before plastering as the wise and experienced (and
CASBA Builder of the year I might add) suggested.

David

David Eisenberg
Director
www.dcat.net
520-624-6628
P.O. Box 27513
Tucson, AZ 85726-7513
strawnet@...

=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=(deg)=o=
(deg)=o=

Chinese Proverb:

Those who say it can't be done should not
interupt those who are doing it.