Re: GSBN:Sustainable Building Design & Construction Curriculum

Chris,

I wonder if I might have a look at your curriculum even though I'm not
from a currently bigger and better country? I've been hoping we might
become a bigger country, but it seems we'll need different leadership
before that can happen... smallness is not always beautiful...
Nonetheless, I'm willing to try to review your material and get something
to you by the 17th as you require. Thanks for the offer, including the
offer to pillage and plunder it for our own selfish purposes - now
there's something we can relate to down here!

David

>Hello All,
>
>I'm writing to you because I have just finished the lengthy (and
>sometimes frustrating!) process of writing a draft curriculum for a
>college-level program on sustainable building design and
>construction, tentatively and creatively called "Sustainable Building
>Design and Construction." It is an intensive, 20-week,
>certificate-level program to be offered at Sir Sandford Fleming
>College here in Ontario. A few folks at the college have really stuck
>their necks out and supported the development of this course, and now
>we have to go face the bigwigs at the Ministry of Education who will
>decide whether or not such a program should be offered and funded.
>
>A part of our submission to the Ministry includes letters of support
>from "the industry." If any of you "industry types" (ie, anybody
>who's ever made a buck at this stuff!) would be interested in reading
>the draft curriculum outline and, if it seems worthy of support,
>write a letter, I'd be glad to forward you the document for your
>viewing pleasure. I'm putting it out to the GSBN because there's
>nothing that impresses Canadians more than having people from bigger
>and better countries endorse something that might just happen here in
>our own colony.
>
>A good chunk of the document is language that the province requires
>in all program submissions, so if you skip through the boring stuff
>and check out the actual content, it's a pretty quick read.
>
>We're on a bit of tight deadline, as our meeting with the provincial
>officials is next week. Letters would have to be received (via email
>is fine, emailed PDFs on letterhead are even better) by May 17th at
>the latest. I know that's short notice at a busy time of the year,
>but if even a couple GSBNers had the time, it would sure be great to
>have your support.
>
>Please respond directly to me at cmagwood@... if you'd like me
>to send the document your way.
>
>Pillaging and plundering of the curriculum for your own purposes is
>entirely okay with me.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Chris

David Eisenberg, Director

P.O. Box 27513, Tucson, AZ  85726-7513
(520) 624-6628 voice / (520) 798-3701 fax
strawnet@...
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.dcat.net";>http://www.dcat.net</a>

The Development Center for Appropriate Technology is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization. Our primary support comes from charitable
contributions from individuals and businesses, from our educational and
training programs and consulting services, and to a lesser degree today
from foundation grants. Please consider helping support our vital work.
Our mission is to enhance the health of the planet and our communities by
promoting a shift to sustainable construction and development practices
through leadership, strategic relationships, and education. To learn
about DCAT's work and how you can support it, please visit our website at
www.dcat.net