GSBN:bugs in bales

Howdy, baleworld -

The EBNet test program is done, and we are now in the process of turning our
findings into a book.

Along with Moisture, Fire, Structure, and Thermal chapters, it seems like a
good idea to have a chapter, however brief, about bugs and other unwanted
invaders.  To my knowledge there has been no formal testing or research, but
there does exist a modest bounty of anecdotal knowledge, which I am now
compiling and digesting.

So far I have scrutinized various emails saved over the years (from Matts,
Bill Steen, Andre de Bouter, Catherine Wanek, and others, and reviewed old
issues of TLS (especially #31).

Do any of you have useful or important stories or connections that you'd be
willing to pass along?  I would be very grateful, and, not expecting a lot
of responses, suggest you reply to GSBN as I'm sure others would want to
hear as well.

Finally, if anyone doesn't want to be quoted for some reason, let me know.
I'll be happy to let any & all see a draft when it's done.

Many thanks to all,

Bruce King, PE
Director, Ecological Building Network
209 Caledonia St.