Date: 26 Jul 2004 10:30:06 -0600
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...
Subject: Straw-bale Buildings Open to the Public

Hello everyone,

We are updating our list of bale buildings open to the public for the 2004
Resource Guide which The Last Straw journal will publish in September. We
sent out a request earlier in the year and didn't hear back from you, so
we're trying again.

We are looking for buildings that people can visit to see what strawbale and
natural building is all about - the see, touch, feel, experience part of
learning. Can be any type of bale building, for example, Bed & Breakfast,
winery or brewery, office or business location, churches, schools, farm and
ranch buildings and, of course, homes.

And, we encourage you to list your strawbale building on the International
Strawbale Registry at SustainableSources.com. The information gathered through
this database also includes buildings open to the public, and can provide a
wealth of information about building design, construction, costs, features
and much more - valuable for research of all types, for analysis of the
development of these buildings, and as information to those interested in
learning more. It can be an extremely important resource - but only if
owner/builders, homebuilders and contractors list their project information.

Hope to hear from you about buildings open to the public very soon!

Joyce

- --
Joyce Coppinger
Managing Editor/TLS
The Green Prairie Foundation for Sustainability/GPFS (publisher)
PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

Check the Calendar on the TLS web site at www.thelaststraw.org for a list of
straw-bale and natural building workshops, training opportunities, events
and conferences.

The First Ten Years of The Last Straw Journal on CD-Rom (Issues 1-40 fully
indexed and searchable) will be available later this summer. $35 plus
shipping and handling ($5.00 if mailed within the US and Canada; please
contact TLS for s/h for other countries). To order, call 402.483.5135, fax
402.483.5161, or send email to thelaststraw@.... An order
form is available on the web site.