Date: 10 Aug 2004 01:15:00 -0600
From: "Lars Keller" larskeller@...
Subject: Buildings made of potential rubbish dump materials.

Dear...

On October 7th a delegation from a Danish building department will pay us a
visit here on Friland.
They are here to study alternative building solutions. They are involved in
building the main building for a "recycle station".
And they are going to build it from the sort of things you receive at a
recycle station.
It is my task to inspire them.
We have a lot of natural buildings to show off here, but not many using
recycled materials.

I therefore ask for your help.
I am in need of written descriptions of buildings made of car tyres, phone
books, coca cola cans and other unlikely building materials.
Pictures are also very welcome.

I will as well appreciate if you will pass this on to mailing lists etc. or
give me hints about who to contact.

Yours sincerely
Lars Keller

~~~
Lars Keller
Friland 12 B
Feldballe
8410 Ronde
Danmark

+45 8668 0505 (landline)
+45 2024 0505 (mobile)

larskeller@...
~~~

PS:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.dr.dk/friland/index_english.htm";>http://www.dr.dk/friland/index_english.htm</a>

At 9:01 AM +0200 8/10/04, Lars Keller wrote:
>Dear...
>
>On October 7th a delegation from a Danish building department will
>pay us a visit here on Friland.
>They are here to study alternative building solutions. They are
>involved in building the main building for a "recycle station".
>And they are going to build it from the sort of things you receive
>at a recycle station.
>It is my task to inspire them.
>We have a lot of natural buildings to show off here, but not many
>using recycled materials.
>
>I therefore ask for your help.
>I am in need of written descriptions of buildings made of car tyres,
>phone books, coca cola cans and other unlikely building materials.
>Pictures are also very welcome.

Check out <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.ruralstudio.com/";>http://www.ruralstudio.com/</a>> (caution, slow download),
and/or google Sam Mockbee. My favorite of his ideas is stacking old
carpet tiles to use as walls - though I'd want to plaster 'em.
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.ruralstudio.com/lucyhouse.htm";>http://www.ruralstudio.com/lucyhouse.htm</a>>

- --
Bill Christensen
<a  target="_blank" href="http://sustainablesources.com/contact/";>http://sustainablesources.com/contact/</a>