Re: GSBN:Re: strawbale buildings in tropic climate

Chris,
I've been following your discussion with interest and finally found something I might contribute to your council project. On my Saudi Arabian natural building projects we use cooling towers that the Saudi's developed with the University of Arizona, USA, (that's my clients story line anyway). The towers are vertical swamp coolers approximately 11m tall. Water is pumped up and dripped over filter fabric covering openings at the tower's top. Evaporation cools the air which rushes down the shaft and through openings into the space needing cooling. I've also seen one built with canvas over scaffolding and used out of doors for garden parties. I've not seen them working, but hear the two 10.4 sm (horizontal area for each) cooling towers on my first library project sufficiently cool 526 sm of interior space.