Re: GSBN:Danish Testing on SB walls

Hello GSBN'ers,

I have just downloaded the english package regarding the Danish straw
bale tests, as drawn to our attention by the ever-wonderful Lars.

Not being a science guy, I'm not sure how to interpret some of the
results, since I don't understand the terminology, nor do I have any
basis for comparison to other materials and tests.

But I would dearly love to include an article about these test
results in The Last Straw. Does anybody on this list feel like
putting these results into context and presenting them as an article
for TLS?

Please let me know!

Chris

Dear Marcus et al.

The Danish sb-testprogramme has produced several results now
available via the internet.
Thanks to a lot of work by J¿rgen Munch-Andersen
  MSc (CivEng), PhD, Head of Department
  +45 4574 2388
  jma@...
the results are also partly available in English:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/jma_slides_halmhuse.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/jma_slides_halmhuse.pdf</a>

The test reports (in Danish) are available via the following links:
- fire test of clay as a surface cover material:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/pg10809.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/pg10809.pdf</a>
- 30min fire test of clay plastered non-loadbearing sb-wall:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/pg10810.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/pg10810.pdf</a>
- air-sound-insulation of clay plastered non-loadbearing sb-wall:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/p870072.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/p870072.pdf</a>
- capillary hight rise of mussell shells, three densities:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/2001-02-21.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/2001-02-21.pdf</a>
- organic and microbial dust as a healtrisk in strawbale building:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/amislutrapport.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/amislutrapport.pdf</a>
- water vapour transmission properties of clay plaster with various
surface treatments / additives:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8a.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8a.pdf</a>
- water vapour transmission properties of straw
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8b.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8b.pdf</a>
- moisture accumulation of sb-walls plastered with clay plaster on
the inside (warm side) and clay plaster or lime plaster on the
outside (cold side): <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8c.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8c.pdf</a>
- settling of non-loadbearing and loadbearing sb-walls after two
moisture cycles: <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8d.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/423-8d.pdf</a>
- thermal insulation of earthplastered sb-wall, bale lying flat:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/55650-34.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/55650-34.pdf</a>
- thermal insulation of earthplastered sb-wall, bale on edge:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/55650-35.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/55650-35.pdf</a>
- thermal insulation of non plastered straw bale, on edge, flat, two
different densities: <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/danak.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/danak.pdf</a>
- thermal insulation of mussell shells, three different densities:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/danak.pdf";>http://www.by-og-byg.dk/download/pdf/danak.pdf</a>

Please pass on, and enjoy your reading.
Best regards,
Lars Keller