Re: Re: GSBN:Danny Buck's SB water problem

Well put, Derek and David.  I also avoid lead, for just the reasons
you mention.  I had been thinking that in this case its flexibility
might make it uniquely useful, and thereby outweigh its ecological
negatives.  But I guess severe developmental problems in children is
a pretty substantial ecological negative.  Thanks!

Paul

Thanks Derek,

I was going to try to find the time to write about the lead issue - and
to suggest that some people like copper for this kind of flashing. Easy
to work with, nice looking if it shows, and a much smaller ecological
footprint than lead. Some people object to all metals, I know.

David

David Eisenberg, Director

P.O. Box 27513, Tucson, AZ  85726-7513
(520) 624-6628 voice / (520) 798-3701 fax
strawnet@...
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.dcat.net";>http://www.dcat.net</a>

The Development Center for Appropriate Technology is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization. Our primary support comes from charitable
contributions from individuals and businesses, from our educational and
training programs and consulting services, and to a lesser degree today
from foundation grants. Please consider helping support our vital work.
Our mission is to enhance the health of the planet and our communities by
promoting a shift to sustainable construction and development practices
through leadership, strategic relationships, and education. To learn
about DCAT's work and how you can support it, please visit our website at
www.dcat.net

representatives of regional straw construction organizations. The
costs of operating this list are underwritten by The Last Straw
Journal in exchange for use of the GSBN as an advisory board and
technical editing arm.

list, send email to GSBN@...HELP in the
SUBJECT line.

Paul M. Lacinski
GreenSpace Collaborative
Sidehill Farm
Mail: PO Box 107
Packages: 463 Main Street
Ashfield, MA 01330 USA
(001) 413 628 3800

View excerpts from Serious Straw Bale at:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.chelseagreen.com/2004/items/seriousstrawbale";>http://www.chelseagreen.com/2004/items/seriousstrawbale</a>

--- This list does not allow attachments or HTML mail.  ---
---The notes below outline what was removed. ---