GSBN:Nouveau Myth in the making...?

Hi all,

Coralie and I just participated in the first national Ecological Building Fair
in Paris. (Of course the incredible Tom Rijven and his groupies were present
also).
It was a great succes, it was held in one of those enormous halls that was in
great contrast with the content offered during the fair.
Almost 11.000 visitors!

Coralie and I presented our SB book (+CD-Rom)that we managed to finish 1 day
before the event (OK, it took some overtime to be ready, but hey... PARIS!!)
We sold 260 copies during the 3 days and got lots of nice feedback.
For those of you who participated in the making of this book, your copie will be
sent out this week! So buy a dictionarry ! (or type it all out on Babelfish as
Chug cleaverly pointed out)

For the moment we will be the only selling point (La Maison en Paille is the
editor) and I don't know what the international postal rates are as yet. We
sell it (book+CD) for 20 Euros (22,65 Euros including postage for la douce
France).
Anybody interested to do some reselling for Quebec/Canada?

Anyway, this book is not the Myth that the title refers to.
On the trade fair I spoke to a knowingly gentleman that sells ecological
products to treat wood against termites and other wood eating critters. He
claims that it is common knowledge amongst elder farmers that these insects do
not attack the wood of the sheds where straw is (or was!) stored. The buildings
just next to it are eaten, but not the straw storage sheds.
He even claims that this knowledge is used to date buildings. But I did not
quite understand how.
He thinks some gas must be comming out of the (dry!) straw that treats the wood.

He also informed me that Borax kills the termites by killing the germs in their
stomachs and that Borax 'extinguishes' fire because it releases water molecules
when heated.

All comments are welcome.

Au revoir,
Andr?

La Maison en Paille
www.lamaisonenpaille.com

PS. our website has had its 'spring' cleaning, feel welcome to browse arround.