RE: GSBN:Nouveau Myth in the making...?

Hi Judy and all
Yes we use barley for the same reason in ponds, but I thought, since we're
on the subject, to mention rye straw which is a powerful anti-fungicide. Our
farmers know it well for that reason and reckon it's the most durable of
straws. It certainly makes very dense bales, with an inbuilt protection most
suitable for straw houses.
Wishing you all a great Solstice. There's something enjoyable about our long
winter evenings, but not more so than the anticipation of light again.
Best wishes
Barbara

WARNING: Strawbale building can seriously transform your life!

Amazon Nails
Strawbale Building, Training and Consultancy
Hollinroyd Farm
Todmorden
OL14 8RJ

Tel/fax: 00 44 (0)1706 814696