Re: GSBN:Nouveau Myth in the making...?

Hi John et al,

Feel free to copy to SB-R us.

Also check out our quick and dirty cabin(SB and pallets):
www.lamaisonenpaille.com 'galeries' and click 'Une cabane vite faite'.

Children workshop:
- It was fun
- The roof took me too much time (as we decided what to do on the spot; a pr?fab
roof would be better for this occaison)
- Children don't want to work (as Chris Magwood points out in his article in
TLS), they want to dream and play. Mud plaster needs parents that come to work
(to mix the plaster and to make the mÓ)!
- The veranda is as important as is the cabin

Antonin (our son, almost 2 years old now) enjoys his cabin, he knows and
appr?ciates earth plaster and gives 'guided tours' of his cabin to his
visitors.

For the moment I don't intend to repeat the exp?rience. However, we have big
plans: Giving guided tours of our SB house (with lots of earthen plaster) + the
cabin to school-children - explain straw & earth as a construction mat?rial
(many of them live in a limestone house that is mortared with earth)and have
'em play with earth (make miniature constructions/sculptures) and clay paint
(madalas).

As for War and gloom: I keep my eyes on the 20% that proceed the 80% who follow.
And you, my dear friend, are part of that 20%!

Au revoir,
Andr?

Selon John Glassford huffnpuff@...: