Re: GSBN:Re: Proposal

At 5:58 PM -0500 12/14/04, Paul Lacinski wrote:
Hi all,

This brings us to a central issue of the public nature of this list,
which has been quietly troubling me for some time.  When we were
considering whether to make the archives public,

I wonder whether there is some way to deal
with it technologically- a GSBNXXX list whose records are sealed to
the wider public?  My main intention is to intruduce this concern, to
see whether it is shared by others.

Good points.

One thing that is possible is for me to go in and delete any posts in
the archives which could be considered inflammatory, hurtful, or
legally troubling.  I don't think I can edit the posts individually
on Yahoo (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so it's an all or nothing
thing.  If a post had mixed subjects, that could make it a little
tricky.

I'm not in favor of starting a second, secret GSBN list, and I think
several others - StrawWolf in particular - would grouse and complain
about that.

Looking forward - perhaps fairly far forward, it all depends upon my
workload - I hope to bring the archives of the list back to our own
server, at which point I'd have greater ability to edit  sensitive
content without deleting an otherwise important/useful information.