Re: GSBN:Re: Proposal

Judy Knox here. Matts and I embrace the comments from Paul and Rene on the
larger issues surrounding Rob's message to the GSBN.  Matts and I have discussed
this, and have a response to a specific component of the issue.

We have watched the GSBN evolve into it's own useful and powerful purpose of
communication between the international straw-bale community.  And even though
there was an original intent to restrict participation to network leaders
from differing geographical areas, and even though that still has some validity,
we think it is less important than it once was.  After all, Matts and I and
David Eisenburg live in the same town;  Derek Roff and Catherine Wanek live
close-by each other in New Mexico; Martin and Rene both represent similar networks
in the Netherlands, etc, etc.  What we do think is crucial is that there is a
participant from each geographical area or network that makes sure
information is being passed on to others in that area.  But beyond that, we are much
more interested in the quality of the contributions participants make to a
free-flowing dialogue.  None of us want the GSBN to turn into a chat room, and
should that begin to happen, we need to address it.  But so far, we think the
dialogue represents alot of good experience and knowledge, is interesting, useful,
of a pretty high caliber and connects us to each other in important ways.  We
really don't care whether too many are from Ontario or any other geographic
area.  Again, the quality and content of a free-flowing dialogue that helps us
all move forward in our work is the point.
We don't know Hank, but have no reason not to welcome him if other members of
the GSBN feel he can contribute at that level. As for you, Rob, you have
always been a knowledgeable, witty and important contributor, and we wouldn't want
to see you change that in any way.  We just don't see it as an "either/or"
situation.

And we'd like to add how much we admire and love the international straw-bale
community...many individually...and collectively...you represent the
thoughtful, intentional, generous-spirited, caring community we would wish to live in
and clone throughout this distressed world.  You truly enrich our lives and
work.
We wish you all a new year filled with loving, life-affirming livingry.
Judy and Matts

Judy Knox and Matts Myhrman
Out On Bale
1037 E. Linden St.
Tucson, Az  85719
520-622-6896
judyknox42@...
mattsmyhrman@...

Each of us can and must champion the evolutionary breakthroughs necessary to
sustain all life.  The journey of a champion is difficult, AND our access to a
joyful life.
Judy Knox

--- This list does not allow attachments or HTML mail.  ---
---The notes below outline what was removed. ---