GSBN:new member

Hello,

I'm Kuba, a Czech architect currently living in France.

First of all, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Martin Oehlmann very
much for his proposal. I became a part of the Global Straw Building Network
(GSBN) list because of him. I want to thank Chug and Lars Keller for their
support. Thanks to Tom Rijven, Herwig Van Soom, Barbara Jones and Bee Rowan
for a delightful opportunity to work with them and learn from them. All the
people I met at straw bale building sites and straw bale gatherings added to
the overall warm feeling that I associate with straw balle building.

I'm submitting the plans of straw bale family house in Nachod, East Bohemia,
the Czech Republic for building permits at the end of January. There is only
one legaly built straw bale house in the Czech Republic so far ( <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.ateliersea.com/starten.htm";>http://www.ateliersea.com/starten.htm</a> , click "REFERENCES" and then the first
link at the left upper corner of the site). It is in Mlada Boleslav and I hope
that in spring we are going to start to build the second one in Nachod.

Marry Christmas and a lot of success in the year 2005.

Kuba

PS.: Worth looking are also pictures at:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.ecn.cz/ekodum/akce/sbi/mnichovice.html";>http://www.ecn.cz/ekodum/akce/sbi/mnichovice.html</a> and
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.ecn.cz/ekodum/akce/sbi/krtiny.html";>http://www.ecn.cz/ekodum/akce/sbi/krtiny.html</a> although both links are
available only in Czech language. Czech organization EKODUM - Czech straw bale
architect Ales Brotanek - together with Austrian Global 2000 are behind those
experiments. EKODUM does a great job in lecturing all over the country about
ecological building.

Jakub Wihan
3 Blvd. de la Villette
75010 Paris
France
0033-142410494
www.jakubwihan.com

--- This list does not allow attachments or HTML mail.  ---
---The notes below outline what was removed. ---