GSBN:A request for help for our friends in Sri Lanka

Dear friends,

I assume that by now you have heard the news of the devastating tsunamis
that hit so many countries and people around the Indian Ocean yesterday
morning. I received a plea from Dr. A.T. Ariyaratne, founder and Director
of the extraordinary Sarvodaya movement in Sri Lanka, yesterday afternoon
and just received a follow up message from Sarvodaya USA with more
detailed instructions on how to help from here in the US. I'm forwarding
both in the hopes that you will help and share it with your network(s) of
people who might also be in a position to help.

In August of 2001 I was in a 10-day intensive workshop with Joanna Macy
in California called The Work That Reconnects. That workshop ended
exactly a week before 9-11. In that workshop were two of Dr. Ariyaratne's
daughters, Charika and Sadeeva, two of the most extraordinary women I
have ever met. They introduced us to the work of Sarvodaya which has been
nothing short of phenomenal (see their website if it's is still up at -
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.sarvodaya.lk/";>http://www.sarvodaya.lk/</a>  and the US website -
<a  target="_blank" href="http://phoenix.akasha.de/~sarvdaya/susa.html";>http://phoenix.akasha.de/~sarvdaya/susa.html</a>

I feel a very deep connection, not only to Dr. Ariyaratne and his family,
but to the whole Sarvodaya movement and the people of Sri Lanka. Though
there are hundreds of possible ways for people to contribute to the
recovery from this unfathomable disaster, supporting Sarvodaya's efforts
will be certain to be among the absolute best and most effective.

Please note that there are instructions for what we can do in the US in
the second message below.  Thank you.

Blessings and warmest regards,

David Eisenberg

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------