Date: 29 Dec 2004 12:27:37 -0600
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...
Subject: Question re R-values

When answering the question about R-values of bale walls and buildings, I
usually use a range rather than a specific number. A request has come in
asking for a specific R-value to satisfy the building codes officials who
are reviewing a project in the Northwest USA.

I'm wondering what answer you would give to this question?

Joyce

- --
Joyce Coppinger
Managing Editor/The Last Straw, the international quarterly journal of
strawbale and natural building
The Green Prairie Foundation for Sustainability/GPFS (publisher)
PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

Check the Calendar on the TLS web site at www.thelaststraw.org for a list of
straw-bale and natural building workshops, training opportunities, events
and conferences.

The First Ten Years of The Last Straw Journal on CD-Rom (Issues 1-40 fully
indexed and searchable) will be available soon. $35 plus shipping and
handling ($5.00 if mailed within the US and Canada; please contact TLS for
s/h for other countries). To order, call 402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161, or
send email to thelaststraw@.... An order form is available on
the web site.

California Energy Commission has set Straw Bales at R-30, and that is the
value we use.
bb

Bob Bolles
Sustainable Building Systems