GSBN:Some more on SB R-values

Still more. I can't remember the details (sigh) but as I recall at
the Society for Building Science Educators meeting (Portland this
summer combined with ASES) a student group had done an in house test
of energy flow through a sb wall and surprised themselves to find it
was R-37. Perhaps someone can check their methodology...

Now if we use the big bales.... then we should get R-50-60+

db
--
David A. Bainbridge
Associate Professor, Sustainable Management

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.alliant.edu/usicb/";>http://www.alliant.edu/usicb/</a>
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.alliant.edu/faculty/bainbridge.htm";>http://www.alliant.edu/faculty/bainbridge.htm</a>
<a  target="_blank" href="http://academic.alliant.edu/bainbridge/presentations/";>http://academic.alliant.edu/bainbridge/presentations/</a>
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.sustainableenergy.org/resources/technologies/solar_passive.htm";>http://www.sustainableenergy.org/resources/technologies/solar_passive.htm</a>

<a  target="_blank" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3922579.stm";>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3922579.stm</a>
Greenland melt loss 10 meters of ice a year!