GSBN:Seeking some advice - metal framing

Hello All,

We're having a very interesting exchange of messages lately. Keep it up -
it's good for us all.

So, I'll jump in here with a question, too. Over the weekend I was talking
to a family that's planning to build and I need some good advice from anyone
who's been asked these same questions. The owner wants to use metal framing
(existing metal building, perhaps) for a straw-bale home. But has recently
been warned against it because of lightning striking the metal framing and
setting the bales afire. What is your reply to people about this?

And, what do you say about metal conducting heat and cold...and metal
attracting moisture which may cause the bales to rot or there to be mold or
mildew?

What do you recommend about setting the bales in a metal frame - inside the
framing, outside the framing, set around and the metal cut into the bales?

Thanks,

Joyce

--
Joyce Coppinger