Re: GSBN:re: Exterior cladding question

Hi Bruce
I attended the EarthBuild Conference in Sydney last month. Some good
resources for you will be:-
- Hugh Morris, Engineer, Auckland University, New Zealand
h.morris@...copies for sale of the standard David mentioned.
Helped write these.
- Horst Schroeder, Architecture, Weimar University, Germany
horst.schroeder@...
I loved Horst, he told me later that all the Australian presenters who were
reinforcing their earth walls in Aust would have been thrown out if they
presented such papers in Germany.
- Reddy Venkatarama, Engineer, Indian University (forgot which one). Lovely
man, presented a paper on 'stabilised mud brick  problems'.
venkat@...
I have a copy of the Houben and Guillaud's 'Earth Construction- A
comprehensive guide'. This is filed under my well used, essential reference
books (sub category - do not lend out). ISBN 1 85339 193 X. It discussed
soils, identifications, natural binding forces, stabilizations ( natural and
additives), tests, construction methods, production methods, design,
disaster resistant construction etc.

Regards

Chris Newton
Earth-n-Straw Pty Ltd