Re: GSBN:Re: holding down the roof (was: Look Ma', no hands!)

Back in Lars Keller's longhair days, a bunch of Euros and a couple Aussies
came to cowboy country. I think it had something to do with Judy and Matts.
This wild bunch raced up and down the western U.S.A., perplexing the
'Murricans with their excellent insights and clever questions. I tagged
along indiscreetly in a red Metro.
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.potkettleblack.com/natbild/strawbaliens.html";>http://www.potkettleblack.com/natbild/strawbaliens.html</a>

I seem to recall a tale told by the self-builders at Songdog Ranch - they
built their big SB house in 1987 - about sitting inside during a big
windstorm and watching a corner of the roof lift up enough to alarm the
Harley-riding Californians, then settle back down... in mostly the right place.

Probably there was somebody there who was a better memory than me, like
Rhine-mouth Rene, with a better recollection of the details.

Mark Piepkorn