Re: GSBN:GBLC

Judy,

I was not aware of these forums.  I visited the Hands for Knowledge page
on TLS but there is not much there.  I did a google search of the
Willing Workers Network but found nothing.  I think we need something
that is a little more accessible without conditions.  This means a place
where people can unconditionally post their needs.  It seems like the
Hand for Knowledge program has all sorts of conditions and a framework.
 This is too complicated for the general laborer or employer who needs
someone in a pinch.

I will be happy to link to these other forums if I am provided their
formal links by the administrators.  It seems like we are adressing
different needs, so there is not much overlap.  If I can change this
forum to reduce overlap with others, I will be happy to do so.

My main goal was to provide a place to advertise without having to wait
for TLS every three months.  Additonally to also provide a place for
other trades to advertise outside of the straw bale realm.  I am
actually suprised there is nothing like it at this point, since it is
such a simple idea.  I jumped into it wothout doing much research, so if
it can be changed or is not really providing anything unique, then I'll
take it down.  I relly hope people us it.  It is not a profit thing
either.  I am doing it in my free (yeah right!) time.

Jeff Ruppert, P.E.
Principal

Odisea LLC
Ecological Building, Engineering and Consulting

Front Range Office 		West Slope Office
5444 Marshall Road		1022 Main St.
Boulder, CO  80305		Carbondale, CO 81623
303.443.4335			970.948.5744
303.443.4355 f			1.866.795.6699 f
jeff@...
www.odiseanet.com

Judyknox42@...:
Jeff,
I am assuming you also know about Hands For Knowledge, which is an
international network to match people looking for hands-on experience and knowledge in
green building with those looking for helpful workers.  It was begun at the
ISBC in Denmark last summer, and is being overseen by Jo Morandin and Lars Keller
(larskeller@...jomorandin@livinghouses.net)...who, for those
who know them, just brought a beautiful baby boy into the world.
There is also the Willing Workers Network, though I don't know how active
that is.
All may have slightly different intents, but all are so needed and I'm glad
to see them out there as a way to match needs and make green building knowledge
and experience more widely available.  It might be helpful to make sure each
have a link to the other in any website.
Judy
Judy Knox and Matts Myhrman
Out On Bale
1037 E. Linden St.
Tucson, Az  85719
520-622-6896
judyknox42@...
mattsmyhrman@...

Each of us can and must champion the evolutionary breakthroughs necessary to
sustain all life.  The journey of a champion is difficult, AND our access to a
joyful life.
Judy Knox