From: WWAT WWAT@...
To: WWAT WWAT@...
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2003 5:49 AM
Subject: Monthly Help File

WILLING WORKERS FOR APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY
LIST HELP FILE

The purpose of WWAT is to link those who are interested in learning various
skills in Appropriate Technology fields with those who are interested in
taking on workers in an internship type of arrangement.  WWAT is just the
initial networking tool;  the interested parties work out the details
between
themselves.

Please introduce yourself to the list.  Let us know your interests and
skills,
and you might be surprised at the opportunities that show up in your email.

The intent of this list is not so much to be a discussion as a networking
tool. In order to make that happen, we have to be willing to send an email
that says "Here's what I have to offer, here's what I'm interested in."  I
suspect that a number of our subscribers haven't gotten to the point of
articulating *specifically* what they want to learn. It can be a little
daunting, since "appropriate technology" can encompass so many interrelated
disciplines.

My suggestion, in light of that, is to write a post anyway.  Your interests
will become more clear to you as you write it, and as time goes on.  Let the
others here know what you're interested in, and feel free to point each
other
to resources that may fill the needs in another's posts.

This list is just one part of WWAT's work.  A number of people are engaged
in
things like putting together "sample" agreements for internship and other
type
arragements, and there are "members" of WWAT who are not on Email.

Please read the list guidelines (see below) before engaging in discussion.
In addition, familiarize yourself with how the list operates, especially if
you've never participated in an Internet email discussion group before.
It's a good idea to save this message somewhere so you know how to
unsubscribe.

When dealing with a listserver, there are two types of messages, namely,
COMMANDS and POSTS. Unlike traditional listservers which require the
use of numerous email addresses, we have simplified the process by
allowing for both COMMANDS and POSTS to be sent to the same address.
Address
your messages to WWAT@...

COMMANDS

These e-mail messages are intended to cause some action to occur, such as
subscribing the FROM address to a mailing list.  Commands are usually one or
two word phrases which should be entered in the SUBJECT field of the
message.
Any other fields are ignored... it doesn't matter what you put in them.

This automated listserver supports the following commands. These commands
*MUST* be the text in the SUBJECT field of your mail message.

subscribe
    adds your e-mail address to the list of subscribers
    you will then receive all posts
    you are then allowed to post from that address

unsubscribe
    removes your e-mail address from the list of subscribers
    you will no longer receive any posts
    you are no longer allowed to post

subscribe digest
    switches you to digest mode
    you will then receive one message per day which lists all posts
    to switch back, send a "subscribe" command

digests
    returns a list of digests for the past 30 days along with
    instructions for retreiving them via e-mail.  NOTE: it's probably easier
  and faster for those of you with web access to go to the list archives
    at <a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/wwat/yy/m/";>http://SustainableSources.com/wwat/yy/m/</a> (where yy is the two digit
    year and m is the month that you wish to view).

help
    this message will be returned

POSTS

Email messages which don't match any commands are distributed to everyone on
the list.  Every time you post a message, hundreds of other people on the
list
receive a copy, just as if you sent it to them personally.  As a member of
the
list, you will receive a copy of every message anyone else sends.  Only
members of the list can post to it.

If you are posting to FIND work, please use the subject "Available Worker".

If you're looking for HELP or OFFERING a position, use the subject
"Worker(s)
Wanted".

To correspond directly with a person, write to
Administrator@...

---------------
 For info on other lists that may interest you, see
<a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/general/discussion.html";>http://SustainableSources.com/general/discussion.html</a>

This listserv is hosted by Sustainable Sources

Web:  <a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/";>http://SustainableSources.com/</a>
Green Real Estate: <a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/realestate/";>http://SustainableSources.com/realestate/</a>
Sustainable Building Calendar:  <a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/calendar/";>http://SustainableSources.com/calendar/</a>
Green Building Professionals Directory:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/directory/";>http://SustainableSources.com/directory/</a>
Sustainable Buildng Bookstore: <a  target="_blank" href="http://SustainableSources.com/bookstore/";>http://SustainableSources.com/bookstore/</a>
International Straw Bale Building Registry
<a  target="_blank" href="http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com/";>http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com/</a>

Judy,