Re: GSBN:More moisture problems - Southern California

Hi Paul,
Many thanks for your thoughts.
I have an excel sheet with the readings to date that give the readings at
two depths - 11" and 17" from the inside wall - no holes were drilled on the
exterior to date; The probe was only 18" long. Without those readings from
the exterior I have no idea what the moisture at the outer edge is.
I appreciate your observations, and I wish that I could have conducted some
tests as you and others have suggested, but apparently it is out of my
hands.
At the beginning of the week I received a report that a piece of plaster was
removed from the exterior, and the bales were "completely wet". Apparently,
a decision was reached by the owners and the Architect that they would
remove all of the plaster, and "let the bales dry". And "after they dry
out", because no documentation was produced to "prove" that the parapet was
at fault, and that a moisture barrier will cause condensation and rot the
bales, a moisture barrier will be installed, and a lime/cement/sand plaster
reapplied. I don't believe that there is any plan to roof the parapet wall
in any way.
So, I will continue to research for any documentation regarding parapet
walls and moisture barriers causing rotting. Without such "proof" they seem
determined to do it their own way.
Thanks to you all~
bb

Bob Bolles