GSBN:some Sb news

Dear friends of strawbale construction,

We have had the German report re: fire tests for strawbale construction
translated into English.
These comprehensive tests were initiated by the German Strawbale
Building Association (FASBA) and were conducted at the "Material Testing
Authority For The Construction Industry (Institute For Materials, Solid
Construction And Fire Protection)" in Braunschweig, Germany in 2003. The
tests confirm a fire rating of F90 and meet German Construction
Regulations/Standards, which are quite tough compared to some other
countries.

We hope that this certified translation of the fire tests will be
accepted by Australian (International) building officials and help
strawbale construction to be approved through council applications,
especially since fire safety regulations have been made tougher in some
states of Australia.

These official tests are very expensive and it would help the
international strawbale construction community if same or similar tests
do not have to be duplicated in different countries.

If you are interested in a copy of this test report please contact us by
phone or e-mail. For a fee of Australian $185.00 we will provide you
with a copy of the original German report plus a copy of the certified
English translation. The document also includes 10 attachments showing
tables and diagrams of the test results. The money will help pay for our
expenses (the certified translation, copies of the document, postage &
handling) plus a donation to FASBA will be made with each copy sold.

We would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we no
longer operate our website as a joint site with "Strawbale
Developments". Our website URL has therefore changed to
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawtec.com.au/";>http://www.strawtec.com.au/</a>> www.strawtec.com.au
 and is up and running via this new website address.
 <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawtec.com.au/";>http://www.strawtec.com.au/</a>>
 <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawtec.com.au/";>http://www.strawtec.com.au/</a>> Last we would like to let you know that
the German strawbale book with the original title "Der Strohballenbau:
Ein Konstruktionshandbuch" bei Gernot Minke &amp; Friedemann Mahlke has been
translated into English. The English title is "Building with Straw;
Design and Technology of a Sustainable Architecture", 2005, published by
Birkhaeuser-Publishers of Architecture, Switzerland. ISBN:
3-7643-7171-4.
 <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawtec.com.au/";>http://www.strawtec.com.au/</a>>
 <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawtec.com.au/";>http://www.strawtec.com.au/</a>> We hope this information has been of
interest to you.