Re: GSBN:TLS Request

Joyce,
I've had an idea for some time...actually thought of Build It With Bales
doing it, but don't see that happening...and think it's a better idea for TLS
anyway.  My idea is to put out small straw-bale construction manuals on different
subjects:  I'm talking about small...maybe 20 pages each for about $10 a
piece.  The subjects to focus on are numerous:
SB Construction:
SB Construction: Pinning
SB Construction: Foundations
SB Construction: Plasters
SB Construction: Privacy Walls
SB Construction: Laying up bales
SB Construction: Roofs
SB Construction: Preparing the Walls for Plastering
You get the idea....lots of topics.  The booklets could be punch-holed so
they could be collected in a binder...and people could focus on whichever subject
they most need to know about at the time.

In each one, references to pertinent info in published books could be used.
These booklets could be available on internet or hard copy, and could be very
easy to update.

This would also leave TLS free to do what it does best...be the community
center for straw-bale and natural builders.
So, that's in my "for what it's worth" department.

Judy

Judy Knox and Matts Myhrman
Out On Bale
1037 E. Linden St.
Tucson, Az  85719
520-622-6896
judyknox42@...
mattsmyhrman@...

Each of us can and must champion the evolutionary breakthroughs necessary to
sustain all life.  The journey of a champion is difficult, AND our access to a
joyful life.
Judy Knox