Re: GSBN:TLS Request

Judy,

I think this is an excellent idea. I would also be a great way of
generating extra income for TLS and besides there is a vast pool of
authors to be tapped based on contributions in the past. I am sure some
would not mind contributing articles or sections to these booklets.

On Jun 12, 2005, at 00:53, Judyknox42@...:

Joyce,
I've had an idea for some time...actually thought of Build It With
Bales
doing it, but don't see that happening...and think it's a better idea
for TLS
anyway.  My idea is to put out small straw-bale construction manuals
on different
subjects:  I'm talking about small...maybe 20 pages each for about $10
piece.  The subjects to focus on are numerous:
SB Construction:
SB Construction: Pinning
SB Construction: Foundations
SB Construction: Plasters
SB Construction: Privacy Walls
SB Construction: Laying up bales
SB Construction: Roofs
SB Construction: Preparing the Walls for Plastering
You get the idea....lots of topics.  The booklets could be punch-holed
so
they could be collected in a binder...and people could focus on
whichever subject
they most need to know about at the time.

In each one, references to pertinent info in published books could be
used.
These booklets could be available on internet or hard copy, and could
be very
easy to update.

This would also leave TLS free to do what it does best...be the
community
center for straw-bale and natural builders.
So, that's in my "for what it's worth" department.

Judy

Judy Knox and Matts Myhrman
Out On Bale
1037 E. Linden St.
Tucson, Az  85719
520-622-6896
judyknox42@...
mattsmyhrman@...

Each of us can and must champion the evolutionary breakthroughs
necessary to
sustain all life.  The journey of a champion is difficult, AND our
access to a
joyful life.
Judy Knox

representatives of regional straw construction organizations. The
costs of operating this list are underwritten by The Last Straw
Journal in exchange for use of the GSBN as an advisory board and
technical editing arm.

list, send email to GSBN@...HELP in the
SUBJECT line.
----