GSBN:Thatching problem in Texas

I received this  recently and don't have a clue what to tell  him...."run"?

check out the pics  it's quite beautiful.           Frank Meyer
We build a learning  center for our Permaculture courses from Straw Bale,
Cob and Thatch.
However, we made a  big error, and made the slope of the lower roof too
shallow, and the thatch is  rotting away.
We are trying to save  the building and are looking for an alternate roofing
material for the North  section, about 20 x 40 Feet that will blend and or
compliment the  thatch.
We considered wooden  shingles, but it looked awful, probably because we did
not do it  nicely.
Than we thought about  very light gunite, donâ??t know if the rafters (cedar)
and yupon cross members would hold the  weight.
A green roof would be  another alternative, but again the weight would be a
concern
In other words, we  need advise and/or help in the implementation
The slope from the windows down is  in the thirties (I think)
The part above the windows is fine  and does not leak, there we have a slope
in the  fourties.
The rafters are cedar trunks, and  are already bowing under the load of the
thatch, so I would be concerned about  what happens when you add material for a
green  roof.
Let us  know what you think, we wold love to have you come out to the farm
(100 miles east of  Austin) there  yourself,
Best  Regards
Cas  Vanwoerden
_cas@...(<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:cas@trcat.com";>mailto:cas@...)

multipart/mixed