Date: 23 Aug 2005 23:59:26 -0600
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Anyone heard of a bale furnace?

At 2:31 PM -0500 8/23/05, Joyce Coppinger wrote:
>Has anyone on the GSBN heard of a bale furnace? Burns large round bales -
>similar to a wood furnace. Looking for contact information, specifications
>and any information available.

Actually, yes.

I remember seeing a promo exhibit for such an idea at the 1980 World
Fair in Knoxville, TN from an outfit in one of the slavic
countries... I don't recall which.

I thought at the time it was a pretty goofy idea, but I didn't know
then that straw is often considered waste and this would be thought
of as a biomass waste-to-energy idea.

I just did a google search on "bale burning energy" which brought up
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.inforse.dk/europe/su_sk_straw.htm";>http://www.inforse.dk/europe/su_sk_straw.htm</a>  and
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/eng3127";>http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/eng3127</a>
among others.

- --