Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:51:43 -0400
To: mark@...
From: Garrett.Adrian@...
Subject: What is exquisite about straw?

   I am currently a junior studying architecture at the University
of Colorado
in Boulder.  I am enrolled in a building materials class in which I am working
on a project using straw.  We are to make a cube out of straw that somehow
shows why straw is a beautiful material, or exquisite if you will.
   Seeing as you are involved with straw bale construction, I would like to
ask you what is exquisite about straw?  What makes it so special, not
necessarily as a building material but simply for what it is?
   Any response would be greatly appreciated as it will greatly help in the
development of this project as a whole.  If you have any questions regarding
the project or anything else, please feel free to ask as I would love to
answer.  Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
Garrett Adrian
University of Colorado at Boulder
College of Architecture and Planning