Re: GSBN:Dan Smith for membership

Bruce,

 Funny that you should mention a book-  one of the reasons for
seeking the advice of this list is because I am feeling that we may
need to make some revisions....

I will gladly eleventh Dan's nomination!

Paul

Howdy --

I recently learned that Dan Smith, a Berkeley architect known to most
of you, is not on this list, and emphatically should be.  Dan has
designed and built more straw bales structures than any architect I
know of, anywhere, and has a keen eye for both the aesthetics and
technical aspects of SB construction.

I nominate him for membership, starting asap.  Seconds?

PS:  thank you, Paul Lacinski, for a very carefully written and
thorough report.  You ought to write a book!

Saludos a todos,

Bruce King, PE
Director, Ecological Building Network  ( www.ecobuildnetwork.org )
Publisher, Green Building Press  ( www.greenbuildingpress.com )
209 Caledonia St.
Sausalito, CA 94965  USA
(415) 331-7630
bruce@ ecobuildnetwork.org

 text/enriched
representatives of regional straw construction organizations. The
costs of operating this list are underwritten by The Last Straw
Journal in exchange for use of the GSBN as an advisory board and
technical editing arm.

--
Paul M. Lacinski
Sidehill Farm

View excerpts from Serious Straw Bale at:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.chelseagreen.com/2004/items/seriousstrawbale";>http://www.chelseagreen.com/2004/items/seriousstrawbale</a>