Re: GSBN:Re: Moisture

Graeme,

In the specific situation I talked about, the house in IJburg I think
dew point formation is happening on the inner surface of the outside
plaster. This is because there is no inside plaster. Actually in our
(Dutch) type of climate I would prefer to first put on an inside
plaster. In the fall we experience big temperature swings from 15C down
to -1 at night sometimes even bigger with very high humidity levels.

With finished SB walls I don't think dew point formation is a big issue
air tightness and leaks have a much higher potential to cause problems.

Rene