-> Re: GSBN:Liberty Mutual insurance + nominate Marcus Hardwick
     by billc_lists@...
-> Re: GSBN:Liberty Mutual insurance + nominate Marcus Hardwick
     by Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer@...

Date: 12 Jan 2006 00:40:42 -0600
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Liberty Mutual insurance + nominate Marcus Hardwick

Hi all,

Marcus has been added to GSBN.

Welcome!

Archives of the discussions exist on a separate Yahoo group at
<a  target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsbn-greenbuilder/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsbn-greenbuilder/</a>.  Click the "sign
in" link at the top of the page and sign in with YahooID = gsbn123
and password bale123

- --

Date: 12 Jan 2006 13:01:13 -0600
From: Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer@...

Bruce,

The Austrians have also done an extensive fire test. As far as I can
recollect it was done on the pre-fab wood clag elements.

Rene
On Jan 12, 2006, at 01:02, Bruce King wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2006, at 3:33 PM, Joyce Coppinger wrote:
>
>> Bill,
>>
>> I'm finishing the 2006 Resource Guide published by The Last Straw and
>> it has
>> a pretty comprehensive list of codes, testing and research in it. Bob
>> Theis
>> was working on fire tests - maybe he has more information to share.
>> Bruce
>> King will chime in, I'm sure - won't you Bruce?
>

> The Australians and Germans, maybe others, have done some good fire
> tests.  We in the USA have done a series of incomplete fire tests, and
> are thus still a little bit stuck with building officials and insurers.
>
> When I received a large grant for SB testing four years ago, I thought
> a good (US) test would be imminently completed;  it wasn't, and likely
> never will be.  Had I known, I would have funded and done one myself.
> Sooner or later we'll find some money, somehow, and do a Murrican test
> for Murrican building officials and insurers, but until then we in the
> USA remain in a sort of limbo.
Dirk Scharmer (germany) is just starting off on a big test program. I
already sent you a mail, based on a grant of EUR 250 000.- we will have
to cough up EUR 45 000.- I plan to contribute some myself.