GSBN:I'd like to nominate Martin Hammer to GSBN

Hello all,

I just got off the phone with Marty Hammer, an architect in the San
Francisco Bay area who has been working on the California straw bale
building code but doing the larger investigative work of looking into how
to move this into the building codes in the US. But Marty is also very
concerned and interested in the international context and impact in both
directions of sb codes and standards development - in other words how
what is done (and tested and how it is tested) in one place affects
everywhere else.

In the course of our hour-plus conversation, as he asked me what I knew
about codes developed in other countries and the testing etc. that has
been done elsewhere it dawned on me that he isn't a member of this list
and that his work would benefit from being able to communicate directly
with all of you and (y)our work would benefit from his knowledge and what
he has been doing.

He is just finishing up a very comprehensive overview article on sb codes
for The Last Straw and his ability to get feedback from all of you could
improve the accuracy and make his article as up-to-date as possible.

Thanks for considering his nomination to the GSBN list. Any seconds?

David

David Eisenberg, Director
P.O. Box 27513, Tucson, AZ  85726-7513
(520) 624-6628 voice / (520) 798-3701 fax
strawnet@...
www.dcat.net

"Truly appropriate technology is technology that ordinary people
can use for their own benefit and the benefit of their community
that doesn't make them dependent on systems over which they have
no control."             John F.C. Turner