Date: 23 Jan 2006 01:14:59 -0600
From: "Huff'n'Puff" huffnpuff@...
Subject: Re: Earthquake Pakistan and SB

G 'day GSBN Balers

We have been approached by an Architect in Lahore to look at going to
Pakistan to conduct a workshop or two in straw bale building.  This is
in aid of the recent earthquake and the rebuilding process.

Before we make any plans to go I wanted to see if any of you would have
any advice on structures suitable to withstand earthquakes and if you
have any comments on load bearing versus frame infill?

I have been looking at the following web site with some interest:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.anangpur.com/f_ers.html";>http://www.anangpur.com/f_ers.html</a>

Any ideas will be welcome so I can be better prepared this includes the
type of render as well as the structure.  There is also a chance that
Rotary may take up the cause and raise funds for some of the long term
rebuilding.

Kind regards
The Straw Wolf
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
61 2 6927 6027
We support the Rotary Club of Coolamon
New South Wales, Australia
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.coolamonrotary.com/maps/";>http://www.coolamonrotary.com/maps/</a>

PS I have a new email now:

john@...

I am using the old Outlook until I can register again with GSBN with a
my new address.  Also the web site is now:

- --
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
20/01/06