Re: GSBN:SB Mutal Assurance Fund (was re: Our Home)

I recently learned that American Family Insurance was offering coverage for
straw-bale structures...and there is also a rumor floating that State Farm
may be open once again to coverage - but this is a rumor!

The idea of a SB Mutual Assurance Fund (SBMAF) is worth pursuing for
emergencies such as Chuck's and others, however, as RT notes there are many
legal and financial complications to be explored. I'm willing to put in some
time on this as it's important.

I also think it's very important for all of us to continue to educate and
help loss control personnel and others in the insurance industry understand
more about straw-bale and natural building for structures and to gain their
support and conquer their fears about  building methods and materials they
do not understand. We have talked about a packet of information that could
be prepared and made available to everyone - and maybe we should push
forward to get this done. I'd be glad to continue to work with associations
and individuals to assemble and prepare the materials and help get it
printed and packaged. Might be necessary to charge a nominal fee to cover
costs, however.

Joyce
-------
Joyce Coppinger, Managing Editor
The Last Straw journal
GPFS/TLS, PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

on 2.6.2006 2:54 PM, Rob Tom at archilogic@...: