Re: GSBN:French building code (DTU)

Andr?,

I suggest you contact Duncan Lithgow. I know certain parts of the document have been translated in English.

Rene
On Feb 10, 2006, at 20:17, André de Bouter wrote:

Dear Ren?,

On a personal level I share your opinion. But as 'lots of people' want a french DTU to come about, I would like it to have as few mill stones as possible
if/when it comes about.

Do you know if the 'Danish By og Byg Halmhuse' doc available in English?
Lars???

Bye,

Andr?

Selon Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer@...:

Andre,

Beware of the pitfalls of a building code. What gets into a code might
turn out to be a mill stone in the future. The technology is still
rapidly developing and changing a once accepted code is difficult.

At present one of the best examples of building practice that I am
aware of, besides the various US county codes, is the Danish By og Byg
Halmhuse document containing best practices and relevant data. I think
personaaly that this type of document/research is the best way forward.

Rene