RE: GSBN:French building code (DTU): It's no disadvantage

Dear Ren? and Andr?,
I can see no reason on european and in my case on the german level of
building approval to assume, that regulations that are made in a code
becomes something that Ren? calls a 'milestone': imperative rules for straw
bale construction.
The code regulations lightens the execution of doing it in their way, but
don't make it difficulter to do it in another way.

How does anyone come on this apprehension?

If only something is allowed, there is no reason to assume every other way
is forbidden.
Or is there somewhere a code, in which this or that way is strictly
forbidden. Most regulations allows the described ways, so there is no need
of doing other evidence. It's a benefit!

Although in the upcoming german sb-code (next issue of TLS) the direct clay/
earth plastered straw bale wall is not included, the code will open a lot of
doors to the apliance of straw as a building material (for example a
financial promotion of the goverment of 25EUR/m3 for every used straw bale).
It will push away the objections of many building experts and officials and
most important: It reduces the need of obtaining a case by case permisssion.

I cannot evaluate what it will be in france but can the fear of a rollback
be the reason for doing nothing?

My experience on our meanwhile 3 years- way of doing lots of tests an
certificates. Most of the officials are correct in their job and  are not
payed by the bad industry as I heared before. They've tryed to find a way
for straw to pass rules and tests, which are based on reasonable thoughts.

So: If you ask me: Go ahead france- make your own sb-code! Good luck!

Dirk