GSBN:US SB codes rehash (was: French building code)

Ten years ago, Environmental Building News ran a piece about the
first SB code being adopted in the US. They asked me to write a short
update for the current issue (I'm on the editorial staff), in which I
relied heavily on Martin Hammer's deep code research and work
(thanks, Martin!), also quoting Joyce Coppinger and Chris Magwood
(thanks, you two!)... but its heart springs from the
more-than-a-decade-old topical discussions of folks like Matts
Myhrman and David Eisenberg and Bruce King in the years prior to
Tucson/Pima more than anything current. It ran with a photo of a
gorgeous project-in-the-works by Dan Smith's firm.

It's on the BuildingGreen website as free content, if anybody wants
to have a gander - seven decent paragraphs and a plug for TLS. The
presentation is geared for the more mainstream (and often academic)
green-building crowd. There's nothing particularly new in it for the
people here, but I thought I'd bring it up in case it's somehow
useful to anybody.

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.buildinggreen.com/auth/article.cfm?fileName=150208d.xml";>http://www.buildinggreen.com/auth/article.cfm?fileName=150208d.xml</a>

Mark Piepkorn
mark@...
802-257-7300 x 104
BuildingGreen, Inc.
Publisher of Environmental Building News,
Green Building Products, and GreenSpec.
Available in print and electronically.
www.buildinggreen.com
122 Birge St., Suite 30